Since 1991, Women Build volunteers from all walks of life have come together to build stronger, safer communities.
Our neighborhoods are comprised largely of women and children and they are also the population’s most likely to be affected by poor living conditions. Our Women Build events provide the opportunity for women to take a proactive step in serving their communities.
Click the AM or PM registration link below, enter your name and email address, then click “send invite” to receive an application and waiver to fill out!
AM SHIFT [FULL]:
8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m.
PM SHIFT [FULL]:
12 to 3 p.m.
Registration closes: 12 p.m. Friday, September 4, 2020
Limited to the first 8 members registered per shift.
Additional Volunteer Information:
- Construction volunteers do not need to have any prior experience in construction or bring any of their own tools; we will give you all of the education and tools you need!
- Lunch will be provided on site and will be individually wrapped.
- Volunteers are asked to bring their own mask if they have one. If not, Habitat KC will provide all the correct PPE.
- Due to COVID-19 safety policies, we recommend you bringing your own water. Breakfast snacks will not be provided this year.
- Please wear clothes you don’t mind getting dirt, mud or house paint on, and wear sturdy/closed toe & heeled shoes (NO flip flops, sandals or crocs!) If you have work gloves, please bring them.
- Dress for the weather. If there has been rain on previous days, be prepared for the sites to be muddy.
- Inclement weather: In case of inclement weather, please call our weather hotline per instructions below for updates on cancellations or site changes. Call 816-924-1096, dial 6, dial 1 to hear the recorded message.
Click here to see all of the safety guidelines currently in place.