Since 1991, Women Build volunteers from all walks of life have come together to build stronger, safer communities.
Our neighborhoods are comprised largely of women and children and they are also the population’s most likely to be affected by poor living conditions. Our Women Build events provide the opportunity for women to take a proactive step in serving their communities.
Click the AM or PM registration link below, enter your name and email address, then click “send invite” to receive an application and waiver to fill out!
8:30 a.m. to noon
Each volunteer will receive a Women Build t-shirt, light breakfast, and lunch. Below is more information about our construction sites. You will receive the address to your volunteer site closer to the event.
Limited to the first 7 members registered per shift.
Additional Volunteer Information:
- Construction volunteers do not need to have any prior experience in construction or bring any of their own tools; we will give you all of the education and tools you need!
- In case of inclement weather, please call our Weather Hotline at 816-924-1096, press 6, press 1 to hear the recorded message for any cancellations or changes. We update the message by 7:15 a.m. each morning.
- All volunteers are required to wear a mask over their nose and mouth at all time except when eating. To review our full COVID-19 volunteer safety policy, please click here.
- Please wear clothes you don’t mind getting dirt, mud or house paint on, and wear sturdy/closed toe & heeled shoes (NO flip flops, sandals or crocs!) If you have work gloves, please bring them.
- Dress for the weather. If there has been rain on previous days, be prepared for the sites to be muddy.
- The use, purchase and possession of alcohol, drugs and weapons are forbidden on Habitat KC property and volunteer sites.
- All volunteers must be 16 or older to volunteer.
Click here to see all of the safety guidelines currently in place.