What’s the difference between CREW Network and CREW KC membership?
CREW KC is an affiliate organization of CREW Network. Therefore, a member of CREW KC is also a member of CREW Network. This global Network is comprised of 70+ affiliate organizations with a total membership of more than 10,000 CRE professionals.
While the overall purpose and goals of CREW KC reflect those of CREW Network, CREW KC has its own unique structure allowing it to meet the needs of its market. CREW KC uses CREW Network's standard qualified fields of commercial real estate (QFCRE) to guide its membership criteria and experience prerequisite, and determines its own dues, programs and member activities.
What are the benefits of membership?
CREW KC members have access to all local and CREW Network benefits:
- Year-round opportunities to create lasting business relationships with local commercial real estate professionals through monthly events.
- Access to monthly “member only” events.
- Discounted fees for local chapter events.
- Opportunity to participate in chapter committees through which close business and personal relationships often develop.
- Exclusive access to CREWbiz, an online business networking tool, membership directory, speakers’ directory and personal marketing profile. Your profile on CREWbiz can be used to promote your skills and expertise to our member base of more than 10,000 professionals globally.
- Discounted registration to the CREW Network Convention and Marketplace and to the winter, spring and fall CREW Network Leadership Summits
- Exclusive access to programs and leadership trainings, including the CREW Network Certificate in Leadership
How often do you meet? What’s the time commitment for membership?
CREW KC holds quarterly luncheons and frequent member-only networking and professional development events — typically one to two events/month at various times to make them convenient for as many members as possible.
Luncheons are 11:30-1:00 and networking/professional development events typically last about two hours. There are no mandatory events but the more you participate the more you will get out of your membership.
We encourage members to get involved on a committee; committee participation varies, but committees typically have a monthly one-hour meeting or conference call.
Who can join?
CREW KC has opportunities for individuals with experience levels across the board. From students to seasoned professionals, CREW KC can benefit the career of anyone who is passionate about the commercial real estate industry. See full requirements for membership.
What is the application process?
Interested applicants should submit an application along with the required two letters of recommendation. Application forms and example reference letters are available online.
Application materials are vetted by the Membership Committee and approved by the Chapter Board of Directors. The process typically takes 2 - 4 weeks from the time of submission until notice of approval is provided.
How/when do I pay my dues?
Upon application approval, CREW Network will send an invoice for your annual dues, which you can pay online with a credit card or mail with a check.
Once dues are received, you will become an official CREW member.
Membership terms are on a calendar-year basis, so dues are invoiced each fall for the coming term.